Anticipation Builds for Innovative Product Introductions at Macworld Conference & Expo
FRAMINGHAM, MA – DECEMBER 30, 2003 – IDG World Expo, the leading producer of world-class tradeshows, conferences and events for technology markets around the globe, today provided a preview of the 20th Macworld Conference & Expo® in San Francisco, to be held next week at the Moscone Center. Hundreds of new products are expected to debut at next week’s event, which will feature an exhibit floor filled with the most innovative companies serving the Mac community. Macworld will also include five packed days of educational content, with conference sessions appropriate for Mac users of all levels and backgrounds.
The Macworld conference program runs Monday through Friday, January 5-9, 2004 at San Francisco’s Moscone Center. The Macworld exhibit floor opens on Tuesday, January 6.
The Macworld exhibit floor will feature the newest products and applications for the Mac platform from companies such as Apple, Adobe, Aspyr, Avid, Canon, EPSON, FileMaker, Harman Multimedia, HP, Intuit, Macromedia, Microsoft, MYOB, Roxio, Xerox and many others. Macworld exhibitors planning to showcase new products at Macworld include the following:
camdynamics GmbH (Digital Media Pavilion) will launch lens&light optimizer, a sophisticated image editing software that allows precise and localized correction of lens imperfections. Using a comprehensive library of digital correction filters, users can eliminate the most common imaging errors of relevant 35mm, medium and large format lenses.
Chaparral Network Storage (booth 728) will introduce the RIO eXp Storage Solution, the newest addition to its advanced RAID storage family. The RIO eXp incorporates serial ATA technology to reduce the complexity and risk of SAN deployment in heterogeneous, high performance environments.
CRYPTOCard Corporation (booth 1747) will introduce CRYPTO-Server X, the first authentication solution designed specifically for Mac OS X. CRYPTO-Server X makes it easy for organizations to positively authenticate all local and remote users attempting to access a VPN or Web-based system.
EJ Enterprises Worldwide (booth 4026) will announce the release of ScratchTV Remix, an expanded version of their groundbreaking video playback software. Optimized for the new 64-bit G5 architecture, ScratchTV Remix includes new features for sound and video studio recording artists, as well as live video perfomers.
Harman Multimedia (booth 727) will debut JBL Creature II, the next version of the already popular 'plug and play' three-piece speaker system compatible with all Macs, PCs and MP3 players. The company is also planning the introduction of a second system with enhanced audio technology.
Intelli Innovations, Inc. (booth 3932) will showcase IntelliScanner Collector, which uses barcode technology to automatically catalog books, CDs and DVDs on Mac OS X. This easy-to-use, searchable collection manager allows users to organize, sort, search and browse their media collections.
NetStores (booth 837) will showcase MacCommerce™ Designer for Mac OS X, which provides customizable drag-and-drop shopping cart tools for Web designers to complement a comprehensive e-commerce solution. Dynamic template tools give designers full control over the shopping cart interface and can get online stores up and selling quickly.
Prosoft Engineering (booth 834) will introduce Data Backup 2.0, the newest version of its award-winning backup utility. Version 2.0 features an improved user interface and streamlined functionality to help users perform backups with minimal effort.
Red Rock Software (Education Pavilion) will unveil two new versions of DeltaGraph, its award-winning data analysis and charting software. DeltaGraph 5.5 adds transparency and shadow options to its production-quality graphs and charts, while DeltaGraph 5.55J will provide all of the latest DeltaGraph features localized for the Japanese market.
SMART Technologies Inc. (booth 2517) will introduce SMART Board™ software version 8.1 for Mac OS X, the newest version of the company’s interactive whiteboard software. Version 8.1 features the Gallery – a new image-management system that groups templates and related clip art into one convenient location.
SmileOnMyMac (Enterprise Pavilion) will showcase PDFpen to help users take control of their PDFs. With PDFpen, they can split, combine, reorder and augment PDFs with text and image overlays.
Macworld Conference & Expo attendees can also network with their peers and obtain valuable education at a wide variety of informative conference sessions, special events and forums. These include:
• Opening Keynote: Presented by Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple, the opening keynote will take place on Tuesday, January 6 at 9 a.m.
• Feature Presentation: Renowned photojournalist Rick Smolan will deliver a feature presentation describing his recent project, America 24/7, on Wednesday, January 7 at 9:30 a.m. Smolan will explain how the Mac was used to turn more than one million photographs submitted by more than 25,000 photographers into a book that chronicles life in America.
• MacIT Conference: This new conference for enterprise IT managers will offer sessions on servers, services, security, IT management, integration and networking. MacIT will also include special presentations from Apple’s Dean Rally and Alan Oppenheimer, co-creator of the AppleTalk Network System.
• Power Tools Conference: 15 separate conferences will provide two days of in-depth training on specific applications and tools, including Final Cut Pro, QuarkXPress, DVD Studio Pro, Dreamweaver, Professional Photoshop, FileMaker, AppleScript and many others.
• Macintosh Gaming Area: An arcade located on exhibit floor will provide hands-on access to top AAA game titles running on Power Mac G5s and 17” iMacs. The Gaming Area will also highlight new games showcased by top game publishers such as Aspyr and MacSoft.
• Final Cut Pro User Group Program: In a series of presentations on the Macworld expo floor, experienced power users will demonstrate tried and true techniques for getting the most out of Final Cut Pro and DVD Studio Pro. Attendees can also watch films contributed by the various user groups and meet with the filmmakers that created them.
• Special Interest Areas: Attendees strolling this portion of the expo floor can interact with Mac developers showcasing products encompassing an array of categories ranging from digital media to enterprise solutions to education technology.
• Digital Art Gallery: 30 digital masterpieces will be on display, chosen by a respected panel of judges from the digital art community.
• Wrap-up Session: Your Mac Life Host Shawn King will lead a discussion about the week’s events on Friday, January 9 at 12 p.m. in a presentation on the exhibit floor. He’ll be joined by New York Times columnist and author David Pogue, Macworld columnist Jason Snell, and Macworld Conference & Expo conference chair Paul Kent.
For more information or to register for the event, please visit www.macworldexpo.com.
About Macworld Conference & Expo
Owned and produced by Framingham Mass.-based IDG World Expo, Macworld Conference & Expo is the world's most comprehensive Macintosh OS event. Macworld Conference & Expo showcases products and services for professionals involved in media and creative content development for corporate and home applications, as well as consumers using the Mac at home. Macworld Conference & Expo brings together the loyal base of Mac OS audiences in creative services, education, application development, entertainment, small office/home office and Internet-based environments. Macworld Conference & Expo offers professionals and consumers alike the opportunity to discover the latest developments and hottest products these markets offer. For more information, please visit the Web site at www.macworldexpo.com.
About IDG World Expo
IDG World Expo (www.idgworldexpo.com) produces technology-focused tradeshows, conferences and events for professionals seeking world-class education, peer-to-peer networking and one-stop comparison shopping. As the leading technology event management company, IDG World Expo leverages its experience and knowledge of technology-focused events and conferences, enabling technology companies to capture the attention and loyalty of influential buyers. IDG World Expo's portfolio of conferences and events includes Macworld Conference & Expo, LinuxWorld Conference & Expo, Bio-IT World Conference + Expo, Health-IT World Conference + Expo™, COMNET Conference & Expo, BiometricsWorld Global SeriesTM, Portable Power Conference & Expo and Wireless Sensing Solutions. IDG World Expo is a business unit of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research and event company.
IDG publishes more than 300 magazines and newspapers and offers online users the largest network of technology-specific sites around the world through IDG.net (www.idg.net), which comprises more than 330 targeted Web sites in 80 countries. IDG is also a leading producer of 168 computer-related events worldwide, and IDG’s research company, IDC, provides global market intelligence and advice through 51 offices in 43 countries. Company information is available at www.idg.com.