CloudWorld Conference Announces Speakers and Sessions ; CloudWorld to explore the leading technologies and industry best practices shaping the rapidly evolving cloud computing marketplace
FRAMINGHAM, Mass. – April 22, 2009 – Industry-leading cloud computing visionaries from OpSource, rPath, Trend Micro, GoGrid, THINKstrategies and many other cutting-edge cloud companies are scheduled to speak at CloudWorld™ 2009, IDG World Expo, the producer of the event, announced today.
CloudWorld is scheduled to be held August 12-13, 2009, at the Moscone Center West in San Francisco, and will feature more than 20 sessions covering topics from the latest cloud technologies and developments to enterprise use cases and steps to success. CloudWorld will provide a comprehensive look at this emerging technology that is radically changing today’s data center and becoming increasingly important to the enterprise because of its immense cost savings benefits, scalability and agile functionality.
CloudWorld conference speakers and sessions will include the following.
* Brett Adam, VP of Engineering, rPath, Inc.: “On the Path to Cloud Nirvana”
* Treb Ryan, CEO, OpSource Inc.: “When Generation SaaS Met The Recession (or How Enterprise IT Learned to Love the Cloud)”
* Randy Bias, VP Technology Strategy, GoGrid: “Open Standards, Open APIs, Open Clouds”
* Frank Mong, VP of Marketing, Trend Micro, Inc.: “Confronting Web-based Security Threats…Finding Real-Time Protection ‘In the Clouds’”
* Bill Nitzberg, CTO, PBS GridWorks, Altair Engineering, Inc.: “High Performance Computing with Clouds: Past, Present and Future”
* Bernard Golden, CEO, HyperStratus: “Migration to the Cloud”
* Bill McGee, VP Products and Services, Third Brigade, Inc.: “Cloud Security Pre-Flight Checklist: Helping Virtual Resources Take Off”
* Shirley Foster, VP of Engineering and Operations, Genius.com: “What to Look for and What to Look Out for, When Purchasing in the Cloud: A VP of Engineering and Operation's Perspective”
* Bob Quinn, Chairman, Founder, and CTO, 3Leaf Systems: “Cloud Computing and On Demand IT: Enabling New Levels of Agility, Flexibility and Scalability in a Commodity Cloud Environment”
“Cloud computing is one of the hottest topics and fastest growing technology sectors because of its potential to dramatically reduce operating costs and increase scalability of enterprise data centers,” said Jeffrey M. Kaplan, conference chairman for CloudWorld and managing director at THINKstrategies, Inc. “Yet, many enterprise decision-makers are still uncertain about how they can capitalize on this new approach to computing in a secure and reliable fashion. We are very pleased to be pulling together many of the leading cloud computing companies and leading-edge enterprises who are using cloud computing services so they can share their experiences and best practices with CloudWorld attendees.”
CloudWorld will co-locate with OpenSource World™ (formerly LinuxWorld®) and Next Generation Data Center™. The co-location of these three events, focused on integrated enterprise technologies aimed at increasing data center efficiency and reducing costs, provides a unique value proposition that will maximize learning while reducing IT professionals’ time away from the office.
Registration is now open for CloudWorld. Please visit http://www.cloudworldexpo.com for more details on the conference content and to register. Please note that registration is limited – within the first 24 hours of opening registration, 50 percent of the available seats were filled.
For CloudWorld sponsorship opportunities, please contact Sales Manager Amy Bonner at email@example.com or (508) 424-4892.
About IDG World Expo
IDG World Expo (www.idgworldexpo.com) is a leading producer of tradeshows and events for professionals and consumers seeking world-class education, strategic business relationships, and access to industry-leading products and services. IDG World Expo's portfolio of conferences and events includes Macworld®, Electronic Entertainment Expo® (E3 Expo®), Next Generation Data Center™ (NGDC™), OpenSource World™, and CloudWorld™. IDG World Expo is a business unit of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research and event company.