Companies To Showcase Leading-Edge Products At 23rd Annual COMNET Conference And Expo
FRAMINGHAM, MA – JANUARY 25, 2001 – COMNET Conference and Expo, the premier event for companies building business value through intelligent networks, today announced that exhibiting companies will feature more than 100 new products designed to help companies develop or enhance networking and telecommunications infrastructures to meet the evolving needs of their customers.
Over 400 companies are exhibiting products at COMNET, the largest annual technology event in Washington, D.C., January 29 – February 1. Attendees will be able to see a full array of products and services for building and managing enterprise intelligent networks and for leveraging public network options.
· Motorola will introduce new software that helps network administrators detect intrusions and react quickly.
· Canon USA will display its Canobeam optical wireless laser data transmission system, which connects the "last mile" of high-speed data networks.
· Eulix Networks, a new spin-off from NEC, will announce its DELTAX switch that uses an open architecture to connect old, legacy systems with new technology and enables ISPs and ASPs to integrate various services into a multi-function device.
· VHB Technologies will introduce one of the world’s first content-intelligent network appliances that enable value-added IP services in high-speed networks.
· Rapid5 Networks will show companies how they can more easily convert to next-generation networks and incorporate multi-service gateway functionality and broadband access capabilities.
· Kenetec will show how its EdgeXpress products are the first to address the converged multimedia broadband networking infrastructure requirements of businesses housed in multi-tenant units.
· Dante Consulting will be demonstrating its AddresSource software that helps companies save time and money with volume mailings by validating mailing addresses and ensuring that postal service requirements are met.
· To help businesses select a telecommunications carrier that best meets their needs in an increasingly diverse market, CarrierChoice.com, an intermediary for buying and selling these services, will provide information about how its neutral process brings buyers and sellers together.
"Last year we witnessed major changes in the industry, and we are delighted that so many companies are demonstrating products and solutions to help attendees streamline their operations and compete more aggressively in 2001," said Charlie Greco, president and CEO of IDG World Expo, owners and producers of COMNET. "Industry analysts are predicting a growth year for the telecom industry, and one of the best ways companies can capitalize on this prediction is to take advantage of the information that will be shared at COMNET."
Companies sponsoring COMNET Conference & Expo are Aura Networks, Catena Networks, Crescent Networks, Tellabs, Top Layer, Rapid5 Networks, Sedona Networks, Performance Technologies, Inc. and Sprint.
COMNET, produced by IDG World Expo, is the premier conference and expo for companies building business value through intelligent networks. In 2000, more than 450 manufacturers and suppliers of networking and communications hardware, software, services and solutions participated in COMNET. COMNET attracts top executives, planners, builders and buyers of communications networks, both public and private. COMNET – Building Business Value Through Intelligent Networks – will be held January 29 – February 1, 2001 in the Washington D.C. Convention Center. COMNET information is available at http://www.comnetexpo.com or by calling toll free 1-866-COMNETX (1-866-266-6389).
About IDG World Expo
IDG World Expo (http://www.idgworldexpo.com) produces world-class tradeshows, conferences, and events for emerging IT markets around the globe. As the leading IT event management company, IDG World Expo leverages its unsurpassed experience and knowledge of IT-focused events and conferences, enabling technology companies to capture the attention and loyalty of influential buyers. IDG World Expo's portfolio of conferences and events includes ASPWorld Conference & Expo, COMNET Conference & Expo, Internet Commerce Expo (ICe), LinuxWorld Conference & Expo and Macworld Conference & Expo. IDG World Expo is a subsidiary of International Data Group
(IDG), the leading global provider of IT media, research, conferences and expositions.
IDG publishes more than 300 magazines and newspapers and 4,000 book titles. IDG offers online users the largest network of technology-specific sites around the world through IDG.net (http://www.idg.net), which comprises more than 270 targeted web sites in 70 countries. IDG is also a leading producer of 168 computer-related expositions worldwide and provides IT market analysis through 50 offices in 43 countries. Company information is available at http://www.idg.com
# # #