DEMO Conferences Wrap Up Innovation Tour and Announce Agenda for DEMO Fall 2010; DEMO announces program updates and reasons you don’t want to miss 48 hours with DEMO in Silicon Valley
FRAMINGHAM, MA — July 27, 2010 — The DEMO Conferences, the world-renowned "launch pad for emerging technology," is excited to announce the preliminary agenda and program updates for the upcoming DEMO Fall conference, held September 13-15, in Santa Clara, CA. In its 20th year, DEMO's move to Silicon Valley is expected to be a historic event, drawing a record number of VCs, investors, press and thought leaders from Silicon Valley and across the globe to unite for 48 hours of exciting product launches, panels and networking events.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20090218/DEMOLOGO [http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20090218/DEMOLOGO])
(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20090218/DEMOLOGO [http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20090218/DEMOLOGO])
This September, more than 60 demonstrators and 10 AlphaPitch companies will launch from the esteemed DEMO stage representing seven product categories, including Clean and Sustaining Technologies, Cloud, Consumer, Enterprise, Health and Life Sciences, Mobile, and Social and Media Technologies. The preliminary DEMO Fall 2010 conference agenda is available online and in the coming months new and exciting speakers will be added to the line-up. The latest additions to the DEMO agenda include Jack Dorsey, CEO and Co-Founder of Square, and Andrew Mason, CEO of Groupon.
To gear up for DEMO Fall, the DEMO team has been on the road since April to find the best and brightest companies to launch at DEMO. DEMO's Innovation Tour recently concluded with a final stop in Palo Alto, hosted by Benchmark Capital after a trip abroad with stops in Russia and Singapore.
"Response and interest in applying to participate has been overwhelming this season with applications coming in from all over the world," said Matt Marshall, co-executive producer and editor of DEMO partner VentureBeat. "We are excited to have such an outstanding roster of demonstrators and AlphaPitch companies lined up for DEMO Fall 2010 – you won't want to miss what we have in store."
New features of DEMO Fall 2010 include:
* DEMO Fall 2010 will host a variety of networking opportunities including the Demonstrator Pavilion and the Dealmakers Dinner, as well as an all new CIO/CEO Dinner and daily "DEMO After Dark" cocktail networking hours.
* DEMO Fall 2010 will feature 24/7 social media hubs for attendees and demonstrators to engage in online conversations that matter most to them.
* New instant feedback polling tools will be used in conjunction with each vertical launch/content segment and as the voting mechanism for all attendees to cast their vote for the DEMO Fall 2010 People's Choice Winner. One Demonstrator will receive a $1 million advertising package that includes an extensive multimedia advertising campaign with IDG media publications. It's your turn to rock the vote!
* DEMO's move to Silicon Valley makes it more convenient and accessible to attend DEMO than ever before.
* DEMO's legendary jam band is back and ready to rock. Have your own musical talent? Bring your instrument and jump on stage to jam out with DEMO elite.
Stay tuned to additional DEMO news at:
* Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/DEMOconference [http://www.facebook.com/DEMOconference]
* LinkedIn: http://www.demo.com/linkedin [http://www.demo.com/linkedin]
* Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/demotweetshttp://www.twitter.com/mmarshall [http://www.twitter.com/demotweetshttp://www.twitter.com/mmarshall];
For more information on DEMO, visit www.DEMO.com [http://www.DEMO.com] or contact Neal Silverman, DEMO General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the DEMO Conferences
Produced by the IDG Enterprise events group in conjunction with VentureBeat, the DEMO conferences in the United States and China focus on emerging technologies and new products innovations, which are hand selected from across the spectrum of the technology marketplace. The DEMO conferences have earned their reputation for consistently identifying tomorrow's cutting-edge technologies, and have served as launch pad events for companies such as Palm, E*Trade, Handspring, and U.S. Robotics, helping them to secure venture funding, establish critical business relationships, and influence early adopters. For more information on the DEMO conferences, visit http://www.demo.com/ [http://www.demo.com/].
The DEMO community also benefits from the award winning DEMOletter. A weekly e – newsletter designed to reach the people who are creating companies, building products and launching new ideas, DEMOletter provides smart insight and analysis of entrepreneurial business issues. To subscribe, go to: http://www.demo.com [http://www.demo.com]
About IDG Enterprise
IDG Enterprise, an International Data Group (IDG) company, brings together unique editorial brands (CIO, Computerworld, CSO, DEMO, InfoWorld, ITworld and Network World) to serve the information needs of our technology and security-focused audiences. As a digital-centric media company we serve our reader and advertiser audiences with award-winning content and community, driving conversation and conversion, across our entire portfolio of awarding-winning, websites, events, magazines, products and services. In addition, the CIO Executive Council, a peer advisory service, brings together the nation's top CIOs, as well as provides community and leadership development tools for their staffs.
Company information is available at www.idgenterprise.com [http://www.idgenterprise.com].
Additional information about IDG, a privately held company, is available at http://www.idg.com [http://www.idg.com]