Exceptional Line-Up of Key Speakers and Thought Leaders to Present at IDC’s Fourth Annual Security Forum
FRAMINGHAM, MA. – September 6, 2007 – IDC is pleased to feature a diverse mix of key speakers at the fourth annual IDC Security Forum, Defending Against Information Access Threats – Messaging Security, Network Management and Retention Systems, taking place Sept. 19th in New York City at the Millennium Broadway Hotel.
The speaker lineup features business executives who will share their first-hand experiences, as well as industry experts and IDC analysts, including:
* George Adams, CEO, SSH Communications Security, Inc.
* Dr. Edward G. Amoroso, Senior Vice President, Chief Security Officer, AT&T Services, Inc.
* Michael Barrett, CISO, PayPal
* Bob Bragdon, Publisher, CSO Magazine
* Brian Burke, Research Manager, Security Products, IDC
* Chris Christiansen, Program Vice President, Security Products and Services, IDC
* Julie Donahue, Vice President, Security and Privacy Service, IBM Global Technology Services
* Phillip Dunkelberger, President and CEO, PGP Corporation
* Lynda Fleury, CISO, Unum
* Tim Mathews, Director, Risk Management and Corporate Security, ETS
* Brian Shea, Senior Vice President, Bank of America
* Craig Smelser, Vice President, Storage and Security Development, IBM Software Group, Tivoli
* Chris Whitener, General Manager, Atalla Security Products and Leader, Enterprise Storage and Servers Security Strategy, HP
* Irida Xheneti, Research Analyst, Security Services and Identity Management, IDC
After CSO Magazine Publisher Bob Bragdon kicks off the day, Philip Dunkelberger, President and CEO of PGP Corporation, and Julie Donahue, Vice President, Security and Privacy Service at IBM Global Technology Services, will present the opening keynote – "Promoting Value by Defending the Data."
The interactive one-day forum will provide insight into how companies can defend against information access threats by developing a holistic, effective security program that becomes a core part of the organizational culture and business routine. The agenda will cover key issues such as: proactive enterprise security approaches; preventing attacks on systems, networks and data; phishing; messaging security solutions; creating resilient email environments; controlling data leakage and more.
Attendees will benefit from top-shelf-educational, networking, and collaboration opportunities including:
* The ability to engage with an elite senior-level community in an intimate and focused peer-to-peer learning environment.
* Private one-to-one feedback opportunity with an IDC analyst to explore their security challenges.
* Facilitated roundtable discussions joining together executives with common responsibilities to address their most pressing questions .
"Defending the data is the next big thing in data security, so we’re excited to share the stage with IBM to deliver our common vision,” said Phillip Dunkelberger of PGP Corporation. “We’re pleased to be working with IDC to meet with the senior executives and thought leaders at this year’s event."
Sponsors and Partners of the Security Forum include: PGP Corporation, HP, IBM, SSH Communications Security Inc, CSO Magazine, ECM Connection, Security Magazine and the Contingency Planning Exchange.
For more information or to register for the conference, please visit IDC’s website www.idc.com/securityforum07 . Complimentary press passes are available for qualified journalists. To request a press pass, please contact Dana Basilone at 508-988-6891 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
IDC is the premier global market intelligence and advisory firm in the information technology and telecommunications industries. We analyze and predict technology trends so that our clients can make strategic, fact-based decisions on IT purchases and business strategy. Over 700 IDC analysts in 50 countries provide local expertise and insights on technology markets. Business executives and IT managers have relied for 40 years on our advice to make decisions that contribute to the success of their organizations.
IDC is a division of IDG, the world’s leading technology media, research, and events company. Additional information can be found at www.idc.com