IDC Hires More Than 50 New Research and Consulting Professionals
FRAMINGHAM, MA – August 19, 2010 – The International Data Corporation (IDC) today announced that it has hired more than 50 research and consulting professionals worldwide during the first six months of this year. Among these new employees are 20 managers and directors, who bring years of industry experience and insight to IDC. The total also includes six analysts hired by the IDC Insights businesses and two who joined IDC's role-based Executive Advisory Group.
The newly hired research analysts and consultants add to the expertise and depth of IDC's research organization and strengthen IDC's geographic presence. "The growth of IDC's global research staff during 2010 reflects our ongoing commitment to deliver in-depth market knowledge and insight from around the world," said Kirk Campbell, President and CEO of IDC.
IDC's recent hires include the following senior-level research analysts and consultants (listed alphabetically by last name):
* Virginia S. Agee, Research Manager, Software Channels
* Joel B. Bienvenu, Research Manager, Production and Large Format Print Markets
* Sheila V. Brennan, Program Manager, Product Lifecycle Strategies, IDC Manufacturing Insights
* Megan Dahlgren, Consulting Director, European Consulting
* Jessica Ding, Senior Research Manager, Consulting, China
* Mieko Fujisawa Ph.D., Senior Researcher, End-User Research, IDC Japan
* Greg Girard, Research Director , IDC Retail Insights
* Alexandre Goldman, Research Manager, Telecommunications, Brazil
* Jacqueline Hendricks, Consulting Manager, European Consulting
* Nicholas McQuire, Research Director, Enterprise Mobility, EMEA
* Rohit Mehra, Research Director, Enterprise Communications Infrastructure
* Takashi Miyazono, Research Manager, IDC Japan
* Gerald J. Murray, Research Manager, CMO Advisory Service
* Sherlin Hui Ching Pang, Research Manager, Telecommunications, Asia/Pacific
* Jakub J. Stolarski, Program Manager, Worldwide IT Markets and Strategies
* Yuko Tominaga, Senior Researcher, Software and Security, IDC Japan
* Erin K. Traudt, Research Director, Enterprise Collaboration and Social Solutions
* Thomas Vavra, Research Director, CEMA Region
* Mahalingam Venkatesan, Research Manager, Semiconductors
* Andre P. Viera, Program Manager, Service Provider Infrastructure
IDC plans to hire additional research and consulting professionals in the second half of 2010. More information on the positions currently available can be found at www.idc.com/about/careers [http://www.idc.com/about/careers].
About IDC Insights
The IDC Insights businesses provide industry executives with research-based advisory and consulting services that enable information technology (IT) and business executives to maximize the business value of their technology investments. IDC Insights research covers the industry value chain for energy, financial services, government, health, manufacturing, and retail. Staffed by senior analysts with extensive experience in these industries, IDC Insights provide a portfolio of offerings that are relevant to both IT and business needs.
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community to make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,000 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries. For more than 46 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company. You can learn more about IDC by visiting www.idc.com [http://www.idc.com].