IDC Insights Launches Green Business Campaign ; New initiative features complimentary industry research and Webcast to explore technologies needed to support green initiatives
FRAMINGHAM, MA – JULY 10, 2008 – IDC's Industry Insights companies, a series of industry-specific research and advisory firms, today launched a new Green business campaign (http://www.idc.com/research/greenbusiness.jsp) dedicated to understanding what’s beyond “Green” IT and exploring the latest IT tools and services needed to support a company’s overall green initiative.
As part of the campaign, IDC Insights is offering two, complimentary eBooks – IT For Green: A Call to Action for the CIO and Leveraging IT in Building Green Businesses – developed through the collaborative efforts of IDC Industry Insights lead analysts covering Green IT, including Patricia McGinnis, Jill Feblowitz, Leslie Hand, and Kimberly Knickle, led by Meredith Whalen. In addition, IDC Insights will host a complimentary Webcast, "Green Business: How Businesses are Reducing Their Carbon Footprint and the Technologies They are Using," to be held Wednesday, July 23rd at 1:00 p.m. U.S. Eastern Time.
"For businesses embarking on a sustainability initiative, one must not overlook the leverage that can be attained through the proper deployment of IT," said Meredith Whalen, group vice president and general manager, IDC's Industry Insights. "For technology suppliers, sustainability initiatives will present a new opportunity. But it will also present a new set of requirements for existing products and services. This study identifies those technologies we believe will be called to action in sustainability efforts."
More details on the complimentary eBooks include:
* IT For Green: A Call to Action for the CIO While IT organizations have been focused on ensuring that the technology being used is "green", it has been far less involved in providing the IT tools and services needed to support a company's overall green initiative. This study was designed to help CIOs understand their role, craft messages to their organizations, and communicate with the global business community about joint interests in IT for Green.
* Leveraging IT in Building Green Businesses This study explores how businesses within the manufacturing, energy, retail, and financial services sectors are working to create more sustainable business practices. As these organizations seek to become “green”, IDC Insights expects to see greater investments in IT to aide their efforts. This study identifies those technologies IDC Insights believes will see the greatest uptake from organizations engaging in sustainability efforts.
To register for the complimentary Webcast, featuring a panel discussion with lead analysts covering Green IT, please visit: http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=IDC_P17435. The Webcast, to be held on Wednesday, July 23rd at 1:00 p.m. ET, will highlight:
* How are financial institutions, retailers, manufacturers, and energy producers reducing their carbon footprint?
* How are businesses leveraging IT in their green initiatives?
* What opportunities exist for IT vendors?
ABOUT IDC'S INDUSTRY INSIGHTS COMPANIES
IDC's Industry Insights companies provide industry executives with research-based advisory and consulting services that enable information technology (IT) and business executives to maximize the business value of their technology investments. Industry Insights cover the industry value chain for energy, financial services, government, health, and manufacturing. Staffed by senior analysts with extensive experience in these industries, Industry Insights provide a portfolio of offerings that are relevant to both IT and business needs.
IDC is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology and telecommunications industries. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company.