IDC’s 14th Annual European IT Forum To Focus On Improving Efficiency While Driving Innovation
LONDON — Despite a general acknowledgement that the global economy is improving, the rewards have yet to be realized in Europe, where economic growth lags that in other regions. With this trend set to continue in 2004, a number of challenges are raised for European companies caught between the requirements of increasing efficiencies while competing on a global basis through innovation and growth. These themes will be explored in detail at IDC’s 14th annual European IT Forum, which takes place on September 27 and 28 at Le Meridian Montparnasse in Paris.
"Issues such as increased focus on return on investment, cost reduction and efficiency, and the need to optimize existing ICT infrastructure are clearly here to stay," said Roberto Masiero, president of IDC EMEA. "However, with signs of growth in the global economy, forward thinking executives now realize that growth aligned with increased productivity, efficiency, and flexibility is now core to medium- and long-term success. This is changing the dynamic for CIOs, who now have to build a strategy for innovation and growth, devoting new resources to providing the foundation for success, while not forgetting the lessons of recent years."
Key speakers at the forum will include:
• World-famous economists such as Jean-Paul Fitoussi and Nobel Prize winner Joseph Stiglitz
• Gurus and strategic thinkers such as Nicholas Carr, Don Tapscott, and Paul Saffo, who will debate the trade-offs between efficiency and innovation under the lively direction of journalist and broadcaster Jeremy Paxman
• The architects of the utility computing/dynamic IT vision, who will offer candid assessments of what is real today and what still lies ahead
• Leading CIOs of major European enterprises such as Deutsche Bank, Finnair, Endesa, and Autostadt, who will present success stories on how to create a "dynamic enterprise"
• European and worldwide industry leaders, presenting their strategic views on how to improve IT efficiency to spur innovation
• Experts such as Kevin Mitnick, the most famous ex-hacker in the IT industry, who will hold a workshop to highlight the latest techniques used in the defense against IT attacks
• Senior IDC VPs, who will lead the forum and bring to it the unique contribution of IDC research and thought leadership
Further information and a full list of speakers can be found at http://www.idc.com/emea/itforum04
The European IT Forum will also feature IDC’s Research Pavilion, where attendees can network with IDC analysts, and the Guru Labs, interactive workshops where a limited number of participants can brainstorm on critical issues with keynote speakers.
Editor's Note: Press registration for this event is complimentary; for press passes, please contact Mathew Heath on +44 20 8987 email@example.com. IDC speaker interview requests are also being processed in advance of IDC's European IT Forum by Mathew Heath. Advance scheduling is recommended because space and availability of experts are limited.
IDC is the premier global market intelligence and advisory firm in the information technology and telecommunications industries. We analyze and predict technology trends so that our clients can make strategic, fact-based decisions on IT purchases and business strategy. Over 700 IDC analysts in 50 countries provide local expertise and insights on technology markets. Business executives and IT managers have relied for 40 years on our advice to make decisions that contribute to the success of their organizations.
IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company. Additional information can be found at www.idc.com
All product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.