IDC’s AppSourcing Forum to be Held in Boston on June 29-30, 2000
FRAMINGHAM, MA – JUNE 2, 2000 – Based on the overwhelming success of IDC’s sold-out AppSourcing Forum (TM) in California in April, the company today announced it will hold an additional conference June 29-30, 2000 at The Sheraton Hotel in Boston, showcasing visionary insights into the ASP industry.
"The ASP market is small today but will grow ten times faster than the overall IT industry," said Clare Gillan, IDC group vice president, Applications and Information Access Research. "Suppliers who act early with a well constructed strategy will not only help define the future of computing but will rise above the proliferation and subsequent consolidation that is sure to take place."
IDC’s AppSourcing Forum (TM) will provide attendees keys to success in the ASP market, providing insightful analysis and forecasting as well as customer feedback, case studies, and actionable advice from ASP experts. At the Forum:
· Analysts will be available to comment on the latest proprietary IDC research results from demand- and supply-side studies
· Industry experts will predict where the ASP market is headed and how to prepare
· ASPs will provide insight on what it is really like at the heart of this market
· Customers will discuss what they look for in ASPs and how ASPs can best meet their diverse and evolving needs
· Clare Gillan, group vice president, Applications and Information Access Research, IDC
· Meredith McCarty Whalen, program manager, ASP and Internet Services Research, IDC
· Traci Gere, vice president, U.S. Services Research, IDC
· John Gantz, chief research officer, IDC
· Jim Dybalski, senior vice president and CTO, Loancity.com
· Kirk Krappe, senior vice president of Products and Services, Corio, Inc.
· Gayle Sheppard, vice president and general manager, JDe.sourcing, J.D. Edwards
· Ken Rudin, senior vice president, Products, salesforce.com
· Timothy Chou, CEO and president, Oracle Business OnLine
· Mark Rostick, Intel Capital
· Jeffrey D. Neumann, executive vice president and CIO, FrontLine Capital Group
Sponsors of IDC’s AppSourcing Forum include Oracle, EMC, Microsoft, BMC Software, JD Edwards, Progress Software, Covia, and EvolutionB. Media partners include the ASP Industry News, ASP News Review, InfoWorld, ASPstreet.com, and searchASP.com.
For additional information or to register for the event, please contact IDC’s registration department at 800-605-5849 or 978-597-0133. Members of the media should register for credentials in advance by visiting http://www.idc.com/events/efs/asf00/main.stm or contacting Erin Lynn Marino at 617-489-2006 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
IDC delivers dependable, high-impact insights and advice on the future of ebusiness, the Internet, and technology to help organizations make sound business decisions. IDC forecasts worldwide markets and trends and analyzes business strategies, technologies, and vendors, using a combination of rigorous primary research and in-depth competitive analysis. IDC provides global research with local content through more than 500 analysts in 43 countries worldwide. IDC's customers comprise the world's leading IT suppliers, IT organizations, ebusiness companies, and the financial community. Additional information can be found at http://www.idc.com.
IDC is a division of IDG, the world's leading IT media, research and exposition company.
# # #
IDC’s AppSourcing Forum is a trademark of International Data Group, Inc. All other product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.