IDC’s Inaugural IT GRC Management Summit To Focus on Effective Governance: Managing Risk, Ensuring Compliance, and Delivering Value
FRAMINGHAM, Mass. – February 25, 2008 – Due to business imperatives, increased regulatory pressure, and customer demands, many IT executives are finding it necessary to adopt a structured, enterprise-wide approach to IT governance, risk, and compliance (GRC). IDC today announced plans for the inaugural IT GRC Management Summit, taking place on March 25, 2009 at the Millennium Broadway Hotel in New York, NY. This one-day, interactive conference is designed for senior IT and business executives seeking practical tools and strategies for identifying risk, addressing governance, and leveraging IT portfolio management for measurable business results.
"For an organization to meet increasingly complex business, regulatory, and security demands while reducing exposure and risk in today's economic climate means that it must leverage its IT investments more efficiently than ever before," says Michael Caplan, Solutions Partner at EMC and featured keynote speaker. "Companies are looking outside for the expertise, tools, and methods to develop and implement smart polices and controls that meet legal requirements and improve business performance. My keynote will address how this can be done through a systematic, information-centric approach to GRC that takes into account people, process and technology."
The complete speaker line-up features practitioners and thought leaders including:
* Tom Amrhein, CIO, Forrester Construction
* Michael Caplan, Solutions Partner, EMC
* Kevin Giblin, Director, Strategic Sourcing & Supply Management, The McGraw-Hill Companies
* Randolph A. Kahn, Esq., Founder and Principal, Kahn Consulting, Inc.
* Manny Morales, Director, Information Protection and Risk Management, NYS Comptroller's Office
* John Pando, Director, IT Governance and Central Services, NRG Energy
* Vivian Tero, Research Manager, Compliance Infrastructure, IDC
* Michael Thomas, Director, IT Security and Enterprise Architecture, Progressive Insurance Co.
* Joseph Wroblewski, Director, IT Governance, Depository Trust Clearing Corporation
* Dana Wiklund, Research Director, Risk Management, Financial Insights, an IDC company
Sponsors and partners of the IDC IT GRC Management Summit are Autonomy, EMC, Symantec, ARMA International, the Wall Street Technology Association, Data Center Journal, IT Toolbox and KMWorld.
For more information or to register for the conference, please visit IDC’s website at www.idc.com/itgovernance09. Complimentary press passes are available for qualified journalists. To request a press pass, please contact Dana Basilone at 508-988-6891 or email@example.com.
IDC is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,000 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries. For more than 45 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company. You can learn more about IDC by visiting www.idc.com.