IDC’s Third Annual CIO Summit to Bring IT Leaders Together to Share Insights and Strategies to Tackle Business and Technology Challenges
FRAMINGHAM, MA – February 26, 2008 – IDC, the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events, today announced the agenda for the third annual CIO Summit, which will take place June 4-5, 2008 at the Westin Waterfront Hotel in Boston, Massachusetts.
The CIO Summit co-chairs John Gantz, IDC’s Chief Research Officer, and Crawford Del Prete, Senior Vice President at IDC, will lead senior IT executives through two days of peer-directed discussions based on best practices and case studies to find real world solutions to the issues they face everyday. As a forum that enables executives to learn from each other, the CIO Summit offers a truly valuable experience for CIOs looking to leverage technology to drive business value.
Building upon the success of the previous CIO Summits, this year’s Summit will delve into topics that are top of mind with IT executives, including convergence, innovation, and enterprise 2.0. Held in conjunction with the IDC IT Forum & Expo, the CIO Summit is a peer-driven, invitation-only event with attendees from a wide range of leading public and private sector organizations.
Keynote speaker, Neil Armstrong, commander of Apollo 11 and the first man to walk on the moon, will inspire CIOs to aim high to achieve their own goals by leveraging innovation, collaboration, and technology.
“The executives attending the CIO Summit will come away with information, strategies, and tactics learned from their peers that can be applied immediately to improve business and technology in their organizations,” said co-chair John Gantz. “Unlike so many other conferences, this event is unique in that it offers true peer-to-peer learning. The attendees – an impressive roster of senior IT executives – will be able to contribute their experiences while taking away the lessons learned from their peers.”
The CIO Summit will feature the following sessions:
* “Pulling Ahead of the Pack: IT Strategies for Continual Enterprise Transformation” – John Gantz, Chief Research Officer, IDC
* “The Case for Innovation” – Norm Fjeldheim, Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Qualcomm, Inc. – Bridget O'Connor, Chief Information Officer, Lehman Brothers
* “The Next-Generation Data Center” – Larry Clark, Managing Director and Chief Information Officer, Randstad North America – William Cross, Chief Information Officer, Seminole Electric Cooperative – William Homa, Chief Information Officer, Hannaford Bros. Co. – David Walsh, Chief Information Officer, Catholic Charities of Boston
The CIO Summit will also include:
* “What’s on your Agenda?” Interactive Breakfast Sessions – Larry Bonfante, CIO, United States Tennis Association, and Frank Gens, Senior Vice President of Research at IDC, will open each morning of the Summit with open forum discussions about the most critical issues on CIO’s agendas, offering an opportunity to obtain both expert and peer analysis and insight.
* Exclusive CIO Luncheon with Roundtable Discussions – CIOs will also have open discussions to catch up on the hottest topics in IT and business.
For a full agenda for the CIO Summit, please visit: www.idcitexpo.com/
The CIO Summit is part of the IDC IT Forum & Expo. Now in its third year and growing, the Forum has become a must attend event for IT and business executives interested in leveraging technology to enable and transform business models and processes. To qualify for the CIO Summit, which is a complimentary event, participants must be a top executive in the IT function, including CIO, vice president, or equivalent. CIOs from organizations with $300 million plus in annual revenue qualify for participation. For those in the Federal Government or Military, participants must be a CIO or equivalent (i.e. senior administrator).
To apply for the CIO Summit, please visit: www.idcITexpo.com or contact Dana Basilone at 508-988-6891 or email@example.com.
IDC is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 900 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 90 countries worldwide. For more than 43 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company. You can learn more about IDC by visiting www.idc.com .