Inaugural GreenXchange Global Marketplace Conference Kicks Off Next Week In Los Angeles
LOS ANGELES, CA & FRAMINGHAM, MA – December 6, 2007 – GreenXchange LLC today announced that next week’s inaugural GreenXchange™ Global Marketplace Conference will kick off with keynote addresses from Democratic Presidential candidate and New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson, and Antonio Villaraigosa, Mayor of Los Angeles. In addition, over the course of the two-day conference, attendees will hear from a select group of international business, financial, and policy experts who will examine and assess the marketplace for clean and green technology, as well as provide exclusive insight into where the industry is headed. The inaugural conference is scheduled to take place December 10-11, 2007 at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Hotel in Los Angeles. To register for the event, visit www.greenxchangexpo.com .
For the first time, senior executives from organizations such as Google, Shell, Honda, BMW, Toyota, Sharp, SunPower, Sumitomo Electric, CAA, Wells Fargo, Pension Consulting Alliance, Los Angeles Department of Water and Power, Helios, PG&E, AECOM, G24i, ARUP, CalSTRS, and many more investors– representing more than $110 billion dollars in investment in renewable energies – will come together at the Conference in an effort to accelerate international awareness and applications of sustainable green technologies in key sectors. Conference tracks include Non-Renewable Energy; Renewable Energy; Air, Water and Waste – Sustainable Business & Cities; Clean Tech, IT, Transport and Infrastructure; Capitalizing Green Tech; and Climate Change Policy.
“Tracking the rapidly expanding and changing world of clean and green technology markets has become a daunting task because new products are appearing daily, and current and future investments promise to introduce products we could only imagine,” said David Abel, Chairman and Managing Director, VerdeXchange. “At the same time, changing public policy at all levels of government and around the world continually shapes the demand for new applications and services as countries, companies, and consumers seek to balance and secure their optimum energy mix. This conference is the only place where people can go for help in navigating through this complex and evolving landscape.”
Conference highlights include:
* Democratic Presidential candidate Governor Bill Richardson will present a keynote address.
* Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa will share insight on his bold agenda to make LA the greenest metropolitan city in the U.S.
* Davis Guggenheim, Academy Award-winning director and producer of “An Inconvenient Truth,” is participating from Oslo, Norway, and will offer unique perspective on the events occurring at the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony.
* Mary Nichols, Chairman of the California Air Resources Board (CARB), is participating from Bali and can share first-hand insight into the Post-Kyoto Conference discussions.
* Following Google’s recent entry into the clean-energy business, Robyn Beavers, director of sustainability for Google, as well as senior executives from other top organizations, will offer an insider’s view of how companies are adapting to growing environmental concerns and profiting from emerging business opportunities.
* Senior executives from major international companies such as Shell, Honda, Toyota, and Sharp Electronics, as well as policy makers from countries including the U.S., Japan, China, and the UK, will lend their global perspective to economic benefits and green marketplace drivers, as well as insight into Japan’s impressive progress in energy efficiency.
* Norman Mineta, former U.S. Secretary of Transportation, will share his perspective on how development, public support and regulations for advanced transportation technologies will play a significant role in achieving energy and environmental sustainability.
* Michael Peevey, President of the California Public Utilities Commission (PUC) will speak to how the PUC is stimulating the private sector to help its customers deal with environmental compliance through technology.
* Dan Dudak, Environmental Defense Chief Economist, China will speak about his work with the Chinese government and their policies and plans to address environmental issues through technological change.
“Because our agenda includes in-depth presentations from global corporations, entrepreneurs, financiers, manufacturers, regulators and environmental stewards, attendees will walk away with an unprecedented understanding of both present and emerging energy technologies in today's global green marketplace,” said Mary Dolaher, CEO, IDG World Expo. “This unique exchange of solutions and perspectives, along with the networking possibilities afforded, is what sets the GreenXchange Global Marketplace Conference apart from other events.”
The GreenXchange Global Marketplace Conference brings together decision makers from the spectrum of renewable technology and energy marketplaces to help companies and public institutions connect the green dots – choose and assemble less carbon emitting energy portfolios. Discussions and ideas presented at the conference will shape the agenda for the first annual GreenXchange Xpo™, scheduled to take place October 1-3, 2008 in Los Angeles, Calif. The conference and 2008 Xpo are produced by GreenXchange LLC, the partnership of tradeshow producer IDG World Expo and environmental think-tank VerdeXchange.
About GreenXchange Xpo
GreenXchange ( www.GreenXchangeXpo.com ) is a world-class exposition and conference, bringing together public and private buyers, vendors, manufacturers, financiers, academics, researchers and policy-makers, who are shaping the “green world.” GreenXchange Xpo will showcase carbon emission friendly, environmentally sustainable products, services, research and climate change policy in forums that provide business opportunities, as well as education, stimulating debate, and innovative product and service display and viewing opportunities. The attendees of these forums are market-makers and key facilitators of "green" products and technology from the public, private and NGO (non-governmental organization) sectors looking to develop and diffuse innovation in the global marketplace.
About IDG World Expo
IDG World Expo ( www.idgworldexpo.com ) is a leading producer of tradeshows and events for professionals and consumers seeking world-class education, peer-to-peer networking and one-stop comparison shopping. IDG World Expo's portfolio of conferences and events includes Entertainment For All™ (E For All™), E3 Media & Business Summit, GreenXchange Xpo™, LinuxWorld Conference & Expo®, Macworld Conference & Expo® and Next Generation Data Center™ (NGDC™). IDG World Expo is a business unit of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research and event company.
VerdeXchange, LLC is a start-up environmental think tank and publisher created to inform and strategically advise green innovators wishing to diffuse green technology and innovations in the marketplace. VerdeXchange Institute is committed to sharing with civic and commercial entrepreneurs the evolving business signals and government drivers influencing the global marketplace for green innovation and technologies. For additional information about VerdeXchange go to: http://www.verdexchange.org .