Macworld Announces the 2007 Plays of the Year ; Fifteen iPod and Digital-Audio Products and Accessories Were Selected Based on Features, Performance, and Innovation
SAN FRANCISCO, CA – DECEMBER 11, 2007 – Macworld, the world’s foremost Mac authority, has named the recipients of the third annual “Plays of the Year” Awards. According to Macworld editors, these 15 products ranging from speakers and headphones to special cases and adapters, stood out in 2007. The 15 award winners were chosen for their exceptional quality, innovation, usefulness, design, and value. The entire article can be found online at http://www.macworld.com/3265 .
“As the iPod and digital music have grown in popularity, it has become more and more difficult for consumers to find the best products out there,” said Dan Frakes, senior reviews editor for Macworld. “The Macworld staff's expertise and hands-on experience give us a unique perspective on this market; the 15 recipients of our 2007 Plays of the Year Awards represent the products that stood out from the crowd over the past year.”
The 15 “Plays of the Year” for 2007, according to Macworld:
– Best Desktop iPod Speakers: Logitech Pure-Fi Elite / AudioStation
– Best Portable iPod Speakers: Altec Lansing inMotion iM600
– Best Value iPod Speakers: Logitech AudioStation Express
– Best Computer Speakers: Acoustic Energy Aego M
– Best In-Ear Canal Headphones: Ultimate Ears triple-fi 10 Pro
– Best All-Purpose Headphones: V-Moda Vibe / Vibe Duo
– Best Noise-Canceling Headphones: Audio-Technica ATH-ANC7
Accessories and Cases:
– Best iPod Shuffle Accessory: Incipio IncipioBud
– Best iPod Accessory: SendStation Dock Extender
– Best Third-Generation iPod nano Case: SwitchEasy Biscuit
– Best Second-Generation iPod nano Case: iSkin Duo for 2G iPod nano
– Special Play for Technology, Design, and Performance: B&W Zeppelin
– Special Play for Technology, Design, and Performance: Harman Kardon Go+Play
– Special Play for Technology, Design, and Performance: Chestnut Hill Sound George
– Special Play for Technology, Design, and Performance: Griffin Technology Evolve
The products chosen represent the strides in technology for the digital music world. For the latest information on iPods, visit Macworld’s iPod site at http://macworld.com/3273 .
Mac Publishing, LLC, a subsidiary of International Data Group (IDG), the world's leading technology media, events, and research company, publishes the world’s leading independent Macintosh magazine and Web sites. Every month Macworld, winner of the 2007 Jesse H. Neal Award for Best Online Article or Series and the Folio: 2007 Gold Eddie for Single Best Article, reaches an average issue audience of nearly one million Macintosh professionals and enthusiasts while the Macworld.com presence garners an average of over 3.5 million monthly unique visitors.
About International Data Group (IDG)
International Data Group (IDG) is the world's leading technology media, events, and research company. IDG’s online network includes more than 450 web sites spanning business technology, consumer technology, digital entertainment and video games worldwide. IDG publishes more than 300 magazines and newspapers in 85 countries including CIO, CSO, Computerworld, GamePro, InfoWorld, Macworld, Network World, and PC World. IDG’s lead-generation service, IDG Connect, matches technology companies with an audience of engaged, high-quality IT professionals, influencers, and decision makers.
IDG is a leading producer of more than 750 technology-related events including Macworld Conference & Expo, LinuxWorld Conference & Expo, Entertainment for All Expo (E for All), DEMO, and IDC Directions. IDC, a subsidiary of IDG, is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events. Over 900 IDC analysts in more than 90 countries provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends.
Additional information about IDG, a privately held company, is available at http://www.idg.com .
Note: All product and company names are trademarks of their respective companies.