Macworld Reveals 2007 Game Hall of Fame Inductees ; Ten of the Year’s Best Games and Accessories Are Celebrated Online
SAN FRANCISCO, CA – DECEMBER 3, 2007 – Macworld, the world’s foremost Mac authority, has named the top ten Mac games and accessories of 2007 including eight games, one software add-on, and one piece of gaming furniture. These visually stunning, entertaining games and accessories range in focus from brain games and historical adventure games, to Lego Star Wars and a special gaming chair. In this article, Macworld honors the ingenuity and creativity of a few highly skilled gaming product creators. The story is online now at http://www.macworld.com/3263 and will be featured in the February 2008 issue, which will be available on newsstands January 15.
“The Game Hall of Fame is a tribute to the standout gaming products of 2007,” said Macworld senior editor Peter Cohen. “Gaming is all about having fun, and we had as much fun coming up with our game categories as we did playing them!”
2007 Macworld Game Hall of Fame inductees:
* Best Reason to Brush Up on Your History: Age of Empires III, MacSoft
* Best Way to Flex Your Sudoku Skills: Big Bang Brain Games, Freeverse
* Best Hookup Between Your Mac and Your Game Console: Connect360, Nullriver
* Best Reason to Break Out the Gamepad: Lego Star Wars II, Feral Interactive
* Best Way to Feel like an Outlaw from the Safety of Your Armchair: Need for Speed Carbon, Electronic Arts
* Best Reason to Get That Second Job to Pay for Your Gaming Jones: World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade, Blizzard Entertainment
* Most Gratuitous Use of Acid-Spewing Alien Sphincters: Prey, Aspyr Media
* Best Throwback to Junior High School: SketchFighter 4000 Alpha, Ambrosia Software
* Best Way to Emulate Minnesota Fats: The Sims Pool, EA Mobile via the iTunes Store
* Best Floor’s-Eye View of Your Games: TreyChair
The products chosen span a broad range of interests and age groups. For more gaming insight, visit the Macworld “Game Room” blog at http://www.macworld.com/3261 or sign up for the just launched Macworld Game Room newsletter at http://www.macworld.com/3262 .
About Mac Publishing
Mac Publishing, LLC, a subsidiary of International Data Group (IDG), the world's leading technology media, events, and research company, publishes the world’s leading independent Macintosh magazine and Web sites. Every month Macworld, winner of the 2007 Jesse H. Neal Award for Best Online Article or Series and the Folio: 2007 Gold Eddie for Single Best Article, reaches an average issue audience of nearly one million Macintosh professionals and enthusiasts while the Macworld.com presence garners an average of over 3.5 million monthly unique visitors.
About International Data Group (IDG)
International Data Group (IDG) is the world's leading technology media, events, and research company. IDG’s online network includes more than 450 web sites spanning business technology, consumer technology, digital entertainment and video games worldwide. IDG publishes more than 300 magazines and newspapers in 85 countries including CIO, CSO, Computerworld, GamePro, InfoWorld, Macworld, Network World, and PC World. IDG’s lead-generation service, IDG Connect, matches technology companies with an audience of engaged, high-quality IT professionals, influencers, and decision makers.
IDG is a leading producer of more than 750 technology-related events including Macworld Conference & Expo, LinuxWorld Conference & Expo, Entertainment for All Expo (E for All), DEMO, and IDC Directions. IDC, a subsidiary of IDG, is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events. Over 900 IDC analysts in more than 90 countries provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends.
Additional information about IDG, a privately held company, is available at http://www.idg.com .
Note: All product and company names are trademarks of their respective companies.