New Products Ready to Make their Debut at Macworld Conference & Expo 2005 in San Francisco
FRAMINGHAM, MA – JANUARY 4, 2005 – IDG World Expo, the leading producer of world-class tradeshows, conferences and events for technology markets, today provided a preview of Macworld Conference & Expo® in San Francisco, to be held next week at the Moscone Center. Hundreds of new products are expected to debut at next week’s event, which will feature an exhibit hall filled with over 275 of the most innovative companies serving the Mac community. Macworld will also include five days of world-class educational content, with conference sessions appropriate for Mac users of all levels and backgrounds. In addition, concerts by six different music stars will take place during the week.
The Macworld conference program runs Monday through Friday, January 10-14, 2005 at San Francisco’s Moscone Center. Apple CEO, Steve Jobs, delivers the keynote address at 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday, January 11. The Macworld exhibit hall opens on Tuesday, January 11 at 11:00 a.m.
The Macworld exhibit hall will feature the newest products and applications for the Mac platform from companies such as Apple, Adobe, Aspyr, BlackBerry, Canon, FileMaker, Harman Multimedia, HP, Intuit, Microsoft, MYOB, Nikon, Oxford Semiconductor, Quark, Roxio, Sonos, Xerox, X-Rite and many others. Macworld exhibitors planning to showcase new products at Macworld include the following:
Altec Lansing (Booth 2149) will unveil two new products. inMotion iM3 Black Limited Edition is a special version of its iM3 portable audio system for iPods that is custom-designed to match the black enclosure of Apple’s iPod U2 Special Edition; The VS Series are three new sleekly designed stereo speaker systems for the PC, television, DVD player, MP3 or CD player, or game console.
Atempo (Booth 2531) will announce Time Navigator Enterprise Edition for Mac OS X Server, an enterprise level backup and restore solution for Mac OS X and clients – Mac OS X server, Xserve G5 and Xserve RAID.
auto.des.sys (Booth 2117) will announce form.Z 5.0, which offers a new open architecture for the popular solid and surface 3D modeler, making form.Z even more customizable, versatile, and adaptable to the current trends of creating free flowing 3D forms never attempted before.
BlackBerry (Booth 2107) will showcase three new BlackBerry handhelds: BlackBerry 7520 is the first to combine Bluetooth, speakerphone and cross border walkie talkie services; The BlackBerry 7290 for International travelers is Cingular's first quad-band handheld that extends the BlackBerry experience to GSM/GPRS markets worldwide; The BlackBerry 7100t from T-Mobile fits in your shirt pocket.
Boinx Software (Booth 649) will unveil three new products. Boinx FotoMagico 1.2 adds the feature most requested by users: titles; Boinx iStopMotion 1.8 adds support for audio synch which has been asked for by many professional animators; Boinx Mouseposé 1.0 is for people doing presentations or on hand trainings and working on big screens such as the Apple 30 inch display.
Clarion (Booth 717) will announce a fully integrated iPod solution for its new VRX755VD in-dash DVD player/monitor combination. Clarion will also showcase a new CD receiver solution for Apple's popular music player. Clarion will also launch its N.I.C.E. (navigation in car entertainment) transportable navigation system for mobile information and entertainment solutions.
Corriente Networks (booth 849) is announcing Elektron – server software that secures AirPort and other Wi-Fi networks. It ensures that only authorized users are granted access to your Wi-Fi network and that each user's data is protected using the strongest encryption available.
CRYPTOCard (Booth 1442) is announcing CRYPTO-Server 6.3, the first authentication solution to provide simple, secure access to the network to positively identify all Mac users attempting VPN or Web-based access.
Intelli Innovations (Booth 2242) is unveiling two new products. IntelliScanner Express automatically organizes wine collections, digital media, home inventory, and books with barcodes; Daneizo Lending Management System offers a business-class solution for lending and member management making operating a library and keeping track of assets easy and hassle-free on Mac OS X.
Lynda.com (Booth 528) will unveil Learning DVD Studio Pro 3, a user workshop for the beginning or intermediate user that includes movie-based tutorials and all the exercise files needed to follow along at your own pace.
Mariner Software (Booth 2410) has acquired and will republish MacJournal from Dan Schimpf Software and will release MacJournal 3.0. Use this journaling software for the Mac to create a personal journal, record daily ideas, manage scripts and novels, or generate blogs.
Master Colors (Booth 649) is introducing HVC Color Composer, a Mac Photoshop plug-in used to pull up millions of unique, harmonically coherent palettes requested by the artist to fulfill the specific needs of the artwork.
Open Door Networks (Booth 649) will be announcing Envision Everywhere, a comprehensive set of technologies and recommendations for displaying Web images in new ways, not just on the Mac, but on flat-panel HDTVs, digital picture frames and media centers, and even the iPod photo.
Optibase (Booth 1647) will release Media 100 HD for the Mac, a 10-bit editing system that enables the mixing of HD and SD formats, 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios, and uncompressed and compressed data – all in the same timeline.
SmileOnMyMac (Booth 749) will introduce two new products. photoprinto: to create and print gorgeous designer photo albums and single sheets; and PDFpenPro: to create, fill, and save interactive cross-platform PDF forms.
Sorenson Media (Booth 1546) will announce Sorenson Squeeze 4.1, the latest update to its video encoding and compression applications. The new Telestream plug-in allows Mac users to encode video for Windows Media 7, 8, and 9 formats directly on the Mac. It also compresses audio files to half their original, uncompressed size.
Macworld Conference & Expo attendees can also network with their peers and obtain valuable education at a wide variety of informative conference sessions, special events and forums. These include:
• Opening Keynote by Steve Jobs: Come hear Apple CEO, Steve Jobs, deliver the keynote address as we kick off the biggest Macintosh community event of the year on January 11 at 9:00 a.m. Open to all registered conference attendees on a first-come, first-served basis.
• The John Lennon Educational Tour Bus and Concerts: Take a tour of this unique non-profit state-of-the-art mobile recording and multimedia studio in the exhibit hall. There will also be concerts in front of the bus on a daily basis, without charge, for all registered attendees of Macworld Conference & Expo:
• Spin Doctors (http://www.spindoctors.com), Tuesday, Jan. 11 at 3:00 p.m.
• Nitty (http://www.nittyonline.com), Wednesday, Jan. 12 at 3:00 p.m.
• Fatty Koo (http://columbus.kitoba.com/fattykoo.html), Wednesday, Jan. 12 at 4:30 p.m.
• Meleni (http://www.meleni.com), Thursday, Jan. 13 at 3:00 p.m.
• John Legend (http://www.johnlegend.com), Thursday, Jan. 13 at 4:30 p.m. and Friday, Jan. 14 at 2:30 p.m.
• Feature Presentation: Wil Wheaton, author of “Just a Geek” and actor in “Star Trek: The Next Generation” and the movie “Stand By Me” will discuss his personal story, as well as the joys of Web design, HTML and blogging – as described in his critically-acclaimed book, “Just a Geek” on Thursday, January 13, 2005 at 9:30 a.m. Open to all registered conference attendees.
• Macworld After Dark Concert: sponsored by Playlist, the concert will feature The Jackie Greene Band – led by singer, songwriter and musician Jackie Greene (http://www.jackie-greene.com). The concert will take place in the Gateway Ballroom of the Moscone Center on Wednesday, January 12 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and is open, without charge, to all registered attendees of Macworld Conference & Expo.
• MacIT Conference: This year’s event will feature the first in depth public training on Apple’s forthcoming Tiger operating system and its IT implications. This conference for enterprise IT managers will offer sessions on servers and services, client issues, interoperability, network management, and introductory material – a track for newer IT managers.
• Power Tools Conference: 15 separate conferences will provide two days of in-depth training on specific applications and tools, including Adobe Creative Suite, DVD Studio Pro, Dreamweaver, Professional Photoshop, FileMaker Pro 7, Final Cut Pro 4, Motion, Mac OS X, and many more.
• Live On Stage: This newly introduced feature provides over 20 hours of free training on the exhibit hall’s main stage beginning at 11:00 a.m. each day of the Expo. There will be several training sessions on: the iPod digital music player; the basics of the Mac; and the many creative applications associated with the Mac.
• Macintosh Games Pavilion: An arcade located in the exhibit hall will provide hands-on access to top AAA game titles running on PowerMac G5 and iMac G5 systems. Attendees can also test their gaming skills against and with others at the tournament area. New games showcased by top game publishers such as Aspyr and MacSoft include Doom 3, World of Warcraft, Myst IV, Call of Duty: United Offensive, Rise of Nations, Halo, Unreal Tournament 2004, and many more.
• Internet Café: Sponsored by eBay, the Internet Café is located in the exhibit hall and is available to all registered attendees. It offers a comfortable setting to relax, check e-mail, access the Internet and chat with friends and colleagues.
• Digital Art Gallery: 32 digital masterpieces will be on display, chosen by a respected panel of judges from the digital art community.
• Macworld Best of Show Awards: Beginning at 1:15 p.m. Friday, January 14 on the main stage, awards will be presented for the most exciting hardware and software products announced at the show as judged by the editors of Macworld. Jim Dalrymple will host this live session featuring discussion and demos with this year’s winners.
• Birds-of-a Feather Meetings: Taking place on Wednesday, January 12 from 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m., these meetings are casual, informal discussions where like-minded Mac users meet. It’s a great venue to network, discuss job resources, and find answers to tough questions. All registered attendees are invited to attend. Meeting topics include: Applescript; the Business of Mac Consulting; Digidesign Pro Tools; Digital Photography; and Apple in the Enterprise.
For more information or to register for the event, please visit www.macworldexpo.com.
About Macworld Conference & Expo
Owned and produced by Framingham Mass.-based IDG World Expo, Macworld Conference & Expo is the world's most comprehensive Macintosh OS event. Macworld Conference & Expo showcases products and services for professionals involved in media and creative content development for corporate and home applications, as well as prosumers using the Mac at home. Macworld Conference & Expo brings together the loyal base of Mac OS audiences in creative services, education, application development, entertainment, small office/home office and Internet-based environments. Macworld Conference & Expo offers professionals and prosumers alike the opportunity to discover the latest developments and hottest products these markets offer. For more information or to register for the event, please visit the Web site at www.macworldexpo.com, or call (800) 645-EXPO. For exhibiting opportunities, please contact Annie Rice at (508) 424-4839 or email@example.com or Ron Moreau at (508) 424-4804 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About IDG World Expo
IDG World Expo (www.idgworldexpo.com) produces technology-focused tradeshows, conferences and events for professionals seeking world-class education, peer-to-peer networking and one-stop comparison shopping. As the leading technology event management company, IDG World Expo leverages its experience and knowledge of technology-focused events and conferences, enabling technology companies to capture the attention and loyalty of influential buyers. IDG World Expo's portfolio of conferences and events includes Macworld Conference & Expo®, LinuxWorld Conference & Expo®, Bio•IT World Conference + Expo™, Portable Power Conference & Expo™, Wireless Sensing Solutions™, WinSEC™, Context™ and RoboNexus. IDG World Expo is a business unit of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research and event company.