Post-Dot-Com eBusiness Will Be Explored at IDC’s Fourth European eCommerce Forum
LONDON – MAY 8, 2001 – Business over the Internet is growing in Europe despite the recent turmoil in the stock markets. In fact, IDC estimates European Internet commerce will surpass the $1 trillion mark by 2004. Senior IDC analysts and industry leaders will address a host of critical issues at IDC's fourth annual European eCommerce Forum, which will take place June 25-26 at the Meridien Montparnasse Hotel in Paris.
"This event will help inform brick-and-mortar companies how to develop their ecommerce strategies and will point out which activities they should undertake to optimize their procurement, commercial and organizational models to become true Internet companies," said Roberto Masiero, president of IDC EMEA. "Today’s businesses have an unprecedented range of Web-based options, and for most incumbents, ebusiness requires dramatic changes in both mindset and operations."
How are the world's most innovative business model experiments working out? What characteristics of corporate culture are most closely associated with ebusiness success? How should the role of the enterprise in the market be re-invented? These questions and many more will be answered at IDC’s European eCommerce Forum.
Additional Key Topics:
· B2B Strategy and the Rise of eMarketplaces
· B2C: Winning Models from the Experience of the Dot-Coms
· Early Stage Venture Capital
· Virtual Communities
· Bringing SMEs Online
· Mobile Business and the Future of eCommerce
· Regis McKenna, author of Relationship Marketing and The Regis Touch, Chairman of the McKenna Group
· Pim Bilderbeek, VP European eBusiness Research, IDC
· John Gantz, Chief Research Officer, IDC
· Dr. Martin Illsley, Director of Technology Research and Development, Accenture
· Sandy Carter, VP Electronic Commerce Marketing Software Solutions, IBM
· Mogens Mølgaard Jensen, CIO, Canon Europe
· Victor Massiah, CEO, eLab
· Gianluca Braggiotti, CEO, Myqube
· John Palmer, CEO, LetsBuyIt.com
· Chris Horak, Vice President and General Manager, Mobile Commerce, Software AG
· Chris M. Grejtak, Executive Vice President Chief Marketing Officer, BroadVision
· Peter Joseph, Director Strategy, Novell EMEA
For more information or to register, visit http://emea.idc.com/forum/ecommerce01.
Editor's Note: Press registration for this event is complimentary – for press passes, please contact Alessia Cabib on +39 02 284457 1 or firstname.lastname@example.org. IDC speaker interview requests are also being processed in advance of IDC's European eCommerce Forum by Alessia Cabib. Advance scheduling is recommended because space and availability of experts are limited.
IDC is the foremost global market intelligence and advisory firm helping clients gain insight into technology and ebusiness trends to develop sound business strategies. Using a combination of rigorous primary research, in-depth analysis, and client interaction, IDC forecasts worldwide markets and trends to deliver dependable service and client advice. More than 700 analysts in 43 countries provide global research with local content. IDC's customers comprise the world’s leading IT suppliers, IT organizations, ebusiness companies, and the financial community. Additional information can be found at emea.idc.com.
IDC is a division of IDG, the world's leading IT media, research and exposition company.
# # #
All product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.