Prize draw terms & conditions
1. The prize draw (the “Prize Draw”) is open to people aged 18 and over who provide their email address after completing one of the following surveys: “Reader Survey 2019: CIO”; “Reader Survey 2019: Computerworld”; “Reader Survey 2019: CSO”; “Reader Survey 2019: Techworld”; “Reader Survey 2019: Digital Arts”; “Reader Survey 2019: Macworld UK”; “Reader Survey 2019: Macworld ESPAÑA”; “Reader Survey 2019: PCWORLD ESPAÑA”; “Reader Survey 2019: Tech Advisor FRANCE”; or “Reader Survey 2019: Tech Advisor UK” (the “Surveys”).
2. Employees or agencies of IDG Communications (“IDG”, “We”) its group companies or their family members, or anyone else connected with the Prize Draw may not enter the Prize Draw.
3. Entrants into the Prize Draw shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
4. To enter the Prize Draw you must complete the survey and submit your name and email address. No purchase is necessary. If you have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the Prize Draw, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Reader Survey 2019” in the subject line.
5. Only one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. Automated entries will be invalidated, including multiple entries from the same IP or telephone number range.
6. IDG accepts no responsibility is taken for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt by IDG.
7. The closing date of the Prize Draw is 23:59 on 7 January 2020. Entries received outside this time period will not be considered.
8. One winner will be drawn at random.
9. The winner will receive a Samsung Galaxy Note 10 or one of 40 £20 (for UK entries) /€20 (for European entries) Amazon vouchers.
10. IDG accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize.
11. The winner will be notified by email on or before 14 January 2020 and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to IDG within 14 days of being notified by IDG, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and IDG shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above (and that winner will have to respond to notification of their win within 14 days or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the winner’s prize will be forfeited and IDG shall be entitled to select another winner.
12. The prize will be sent to the winner by IDG by post.
13. Names of winners are available on request from the Editor.
14. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
15. IDG retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available.
17. IDG accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Prize Draw or accepting the prize. IDG further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Prize Draw. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of IDG for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
18. IDG reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Prize Draw with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of IDG in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. IDG shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
20. The Prize Draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the Prize Draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
21. Promoter: IDG Communications Limited, 101 Euston Road, London, NW1 2RA.